Embedded Systems for Open-Source Applications
We will be shipping all of our pfSense products with version 2.1 installed, except for the IT-100.
- Mars II OpenBrick-M D525 pfSense Appliance. 1.8Ghz Intel D525. 2GB DDR3 Memory. Four Gigabit Ethernet (4 x RTL8111EVL), expandable to Eight (8) Gigabit Ethernet (4 x RTL8111EVL and 4 x RTL8111C). Stateful inspection firewall. 20-250 users. Up to 500,000 concurrent connections. 45-87 Mbps IPSec VPN throughputs.
- Mars II Twin Blade D525 Redundancy pfSense 1U Server. Two complete and independent Mars II systems in one 1U chassis. Each system is a blade server that has a 1.8Ghz Dual-Core Intel Atom D525, five (5) Gigabit Ethernet, up to 8GB RAM and 2GB DOM firmware storage (optional 120GB MLC SSD, 500GB HD or 500GB HD Raid 1/Mirror).
- Jupiter IV Twin Blade pfSense 1U Server. Two complete and independent Jupiter IV systems in one 1U chassis. Each system is a blade server that has a 3rd generation Core i7-3720QM mobile quad core Ivy Bridge processor, six (6) x Intel Gigabit Ethernet ports, up to 16GB RAM and 2GB DOM firmware storage (optional 120GB MLC SSD, 500GB HD or 500GB HD Raid 1/Mirror).
New Knowledge-Based Articles:
- Comparison between Hacom pfSense Appliances and Cisco ASA Firewalls. If performance and technical requirements are known and one is familiar with Cisco ASA Security Appliances, the comparison tables are useful to select a comparable pfSense appliance for a particular application. Updated for 2013!
- pfSense/pfHacom 2.0.2 Release images are available to download. Please consult the following knowledge based article: pfSense 2.0.2 Release.
For over 12 years, Hacom has been supporting the open-source community with high quality computing hardware to build networking appliances, as well as security and multimedia applications.
One of our unique features of hardware has been very small-footprint cases with ability of the systems to boot directly from an on-board compact flash memory. Except for the 1u rackmount systems and the OpenBrick-M systems, they are all designed to operate fanlessly, suited for embedded and network applications. They have become the best choice for open-source network applications, i.e. pfSense, IPCop.
We are a Debian Gnu/Linux shop. Our Linux expertises have assisted companies to build embedded applications on our hardware platforms.
Hacom has also been providing custom engineered and built computer systems and networking solutions for some of the most demanding Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), Independent Software Vendors (ISVs), large enterprises and small to medium-size businesses everywhere. Our large customers include Fresenius Medical Care North America, University of Massachusetts Amherst (UMASS), University of California, Davis, ... Their applications range from Linux-based medical devices to innovative researches in networking as well as control and automation applications.