Mercury 1U Server 1.0Ghz VIA C7 Firewall Appliance
Mercury Firewall Appliance. 1Ghz VIA C7 1U Server. Three (3) x Realtek RTL8100B Fast Ethernet. VIA Padlock Security Engine (or optional Soekris VPN1411 VPN Hardware Accelerator). Stateful inspection firewall. 50-200 users. Up to 500,000 concurrent connections. 15-77 Mbps IPSec VPN throughputs. Utilizing pfSense® software.
- 1.0Ghz Fanless VIA C7
- 1GB DDR2 RAM
- Three (3) x Realtek RTL8100B Fast Ethernet
- Short-Depth 1U Rackmount Case. The form factor of the 1U server is about 17 inches by 8 inches by 1.7 inches in dimensions. Weight about 10 lbs.
- Low power-consumption: 15W without a hard drive.
- Fanless system. Designed to run from a compact flash or SSD. It is recommended a system fan if used with a 2.5inch SATA laptop hard drive.
- High network throughput:
- 85 Mbps raw/cleartext (600 Mbps with Gigabit Ethernet option)
- 34 Mbps Blowfish IPSec VPN
- 55 Mbps AES-256 IPSec VPN (77 Mbps with Soekris VPN1411)
- 15 Mbps 3DES IPSec VPN (77 Mbps with Soekris VPN1411)
- Corporate Firewall or router/gateway for Small and Medium Business (SMB).
- Load balacing with dual-Wan for enhanced Internet performance.
- VPN server for branch offices and main corporate headquarters:
- Supporting IPSec, SSL-based OpenVPN, PPTP.
- 34 Mbps Blowfish IPSec VPN throughput between pfSense®/M0n0wall®/IPCop© VPN servers.
- 55 Mbps AES-256 IPSec VPN or 15 Mbps 3DES IPSec VPN (77 Mbps with the optional Soekris VPN1411) with commercial Cisco/Checkpoint/Juniper VPN servers.
- Intrusion Detection System (IDS) and Intrusion Protection System (IPS).
- With the addition of the Snort package. Recommended to be used only with the hard-drive based pfSense© appliance.
- Web filtering and content control.
- With the addition of the Squidguard package. Recommended to be used only with the hard-drive or SSD-based pfSense© appliance.
- Failover or Hardware Redundancy (CARP) (http://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Configuring_pfSense_Hardware_Redundancy_(CARP)).
- For more details on active/standby configurations, please visit the Redundant firewalls with OpenBSD, CARP and pfsync page.
- The 1U rackmount Mercury Firewall Appliance is also an ideal hotspot solution to be deployed in a broadband-enabled environment such as hotels, coffee shops, school, campus, libraries, and conference facilities.
Support and Warranty
- One (1) year industry standard warranty. A single contact for both hardware and software issues.
- Depend on the maintenance options, we will walk you through the initial VPN server setup to configuration of multi-wan load balancing and failover.