EmergeCore IT-100. Fanless 500Mhz Transmeta Crusoe TM5600. 2 x 10/100 Ethernet: 1 x WAN and 1xLAN (4-port switch hub). 128MB SDRAM SO-DIMM. 32MB Compact Flash. 20GB EIDE laptop harddrive. Intersil 802.11b (Mini-PCI).
- Hacom has acquired some of the remaining inventory of the EmergeCore IT-100. It is offered AS-IS, with only 30-day warranty on the hardware.
- To access the it-100 as a development platform, a low-power PCI VGA card with a PCI-riser and a USB keyboard are required. We have used the Diablotek VARX-8P ATI Rage XL 8MB PCI Video card from Microcenter successfully.
- The EmergeCore IT-100 is a great complete platform for running pfSense, IPCop and M0n0wall. The inital offering is for computer geeks who prefer to tinker with the hardware directly.
- Images for installation on the IT-100: M0n0wall, pfSense, IPCop and Debian Squeeze, can be downloaded from the following URL:
We will also install these for a fee. Look for the installed software option below. If your favorite operating system is not listed, please contact support: email@example.com
- At the bottom of this page, there are some youtube tutorials on how to use the IT-100.
Performance as a VPN Router
500 Mhz VIA C7
|Cisco ASA 5505|
|Cleartext||88.5 Mbps||70 Mbps||150 Mbps|
|3DES||8.3 Mbps||9.5 Mbps||40 Mbps|
|AES256||45 Mbps||14 Mbps||40 Mbps|
1As measured by IPerf. The IPerf performance was compared to the reported measurements of the Cisco ASA 5510 in the following article: IPSec Performance of Cisco ASA 5510 as Measured by IPerf.